Non-University Logo Use
Use of the University logos and marks by organizations that are not affiliated with Mizzou, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but basic guidelines will be followed.
- The University recognizes that many groups support the University from academics to athletics. However, any group wanting to use the University trademarks on product for its membership or resale must purchase the product from a current University licensee. By supporting the University’s licensing initiatives, organizations can assist the University by ensuring that product bearing the University’s logo is of the highest quality and meets all insurance and contractual requirements. The licensee is responsible for getting the design approved by the Office of Licensing and Trademarks and remitting the University’s royalties on the wholesale price of the product.
- Businesses may not establish a permanent statue or mural that includes the University trademarks or likeness without permission from the Office of Licensing and Trademarks.
- Businesses may use the University trademarks in a non-permanent fixture, such as window painting, removable lettering, etc. supporting a University event.
- Businesses or organizations may not use the trademarks of the University in any type of advertisements, on web sites, etc. without permission from the Office of Licensing and Trademarks.
- Individuals or organizations may not utilize the University’s trademarks in conjunction with a candidate for political office or policy/legislative issue.
- Individuals may not use the University trademarks on a web site without permission from the Office of Licensing and Trademarks.
- Businesses may not produce merchandise for resale or give-a-way that utilizes the University’s trademarks and its name and/or logo without permission from the Office of Licensing and Trademarks.
- Rights fees and royalties for the use of the University’s trademarks in all instances may be assessed.