Look for the Label
Please support the University of Missouri and only purchase officially licensed merchandise. Look for the hologram label on products to ensure that the item you are purchasing is officially licensed.
Why does purchasing officially licensed merchandise matter?
- It is illegal to use MU’s registered marks & names without permission.
- Licensed Vendors are required to join the Fair Labor Association. MU has a zero tolerance policy for sweatshop labor. The FLA contracts with us to enforce this.
- Licensed Vendors are required to carry insurance that indemnifies and protects the University of Missouri.
- Licensed Product has been reviewed and approved with messages deemed appropriate to associate with our institution.
We ENCOURAGE entrepreneurs to legally produce merchandise bearing Missouri’s marks and have systems in place to assist individuals and businesses through the licensing process.
So how do you tell if the product is licensed or not?
- Look For the Label! A holographic label will appear on the packaging or tag of licensed product ready to be purchased.
- On game day, The Mizzou Store and The Tiger Team Store has exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus property. If you see someone else selling merchandise, it is NOT licensed.
Please don’t purchase unlicensed merchandise, and if you find it, please call or email the LT office.